Every year, the SEM Department invites select applicants to come to Blacksburg for an in-depth look at the graduate program. During the Recruiting Weekend, applicants are given the opportunity to:
- Meet one-on-one with Faculty
- Learn about current research and future research
- Explore class options, degree options, and research opportunities
- Learn about funding and scholarships
- Tour the Thomas Murray Structures and Materials Research Laboratory, the Virginia Tech Campus, and Downtown Blacksburg
- Socialize with current Graduate Students and Professors
- Get an in-depth perspective on graduate life by staying with current Grads
- Find out what a Hokie is!
We look forward to welcoming you to the Structures Department and to Virginia Tech!